Alan Dershowitz criticized the indictment brought by Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg against former President Donald Trump. Despite not being a political supporter of Trump, Dershowitz argued that the indictment is absurd and politically motivated. He also suggested that whoever leaked the sealed indictment is guilty of a felony.
- Alan Dershowitz believes the indictment brought by Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg against former President Donald Trump is absurd and politically motivated.
- Dershowitz warned that Bragg could face up to five years in prison if found guilty of leaking details of Trump’s indictment to the media.
- Dershowitz also pointed out that using former Trump attorney Michael Cohen as a witness could damage Bragg’s reputation and cost him his bar license.
- Whoever leaked the sealed indictment is the person guilty of the only felony, according to Dershowitz.
- The misdemeanor allegation involving false entries is unprecedented and represents selective prosecution.
It’s becoming increasingly clear that the Manhattan District Attorney’s case against former President Donald Trump is politically motivated. Even Alan Dershowitz, who doesn’t support Trump politically, has criticized the indictment as absurd.
Bragg could face serious consequences if he is found guilty of leaking details of the indictment to the media, and using Michael Cohen as a witness could damage his reputation and even cost him his bar license.
The fact that somebody leaked the sealed indictment is also concerning, as it suggests that there could be a culture of corruption within Bragg’s office. Overall, the case against Trump seems to be more about politics than justice.
Source conservative brief